Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's not a miracle that I finished, but rather I had the courage to start it...

Happy New Year!  Race Number One is DONE!!  I have to admit that lack of running this week had me a little nervous.  I ended up running a little faster than my last race...which is probably why this one felt harder even though it was a shorter distance.  Note to self..you need to train.  :0

Here are some photos from the race.  It was a beautiful sunny morning!  Great day to get out and run.  There were so many familiar faces and Wicked along with the Park and Rec did a great job!  My two friends ran as well.  Paying it forward is contagious.  I also have to say that doing something for someone else just makes me feel good.  More on that later...

We saw a group of woman wearing shirts with this on the back:   It's not a miracle that I finished, but rather I had the courage to start it...exactly!

Rocking mismatched sock in memory of Saoirse






Happy New Year!







Finish Line!!

Kudos to Sue for keeping the hat.  I ditched mind around Mile 3!

Next up!  The Snowshoe Classic!!

2 comments:

  1. Good on you, Shawna! I look forward to hearing about the Snowshoe classic! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing! I'll make a pledge as soon as I get back.

    ReplyDelete