Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snowshoe Classic...minus the snow!

That race was TOUGH!!  It was a 3.5 miler through the woods single file and over hills around a golf course.  I actually liked the trail part...the massive hills I could do without.  I think I could have made up some time on the trails, but passing was impossible and I slowed down quite a bit (to say the least) on the hills on the end.

Having said all that...it was pretty awesome!  It was a beautiful sunny day and I was surrounded by great people on a Saturday morning.  :)  I got a 3.5 mile run in a day I probably would have not run at all.  I raised money for a family that can use it.  All in all a great day!  Here are some pictures...just to prove I actually do run these races.  :0


My running partner in crime.  :)
See?  I'm slow...but I'm doing it!
The socks speak for themselves  :)
Putting on my mismatched socks reminds me every race of why I'm running.  I'm running for something so much bigger...and I'm giving cancer the middle finger at the same time.  Thanks to everyone who is donating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment